cars with better gas mileage

Will Wickham wwickham at stny.rr.com
Fri Jul 11 14:00:36 MDT 2008

Hey Bill,

I'm working in the Corning-Elmira area just a smidge south of you.
I've had my Prius for one winter and have been very impressed with the
winter traction. The beast has a traction control system that pretty
much prevents spinning of tires in any way. There was only one time I
couldn't get where I wanted too (I had the same problem one year
earlier with a Caravan) and one time I pulled off the road to talk on
my cell only to find that I couldn't easily get out. I decided to just
work at it for a few moments inching ahead then back. After a few
times of "packing a track" the Prius drove right out!

As for ground clearance - it seems to be comparable with the Caravan
that I traded for it. I've not had any clearance problems at all.

will
currently hiding in the Southern Tier of NY