hypermiling

holly quigley hollyquigley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 10:37:51 MDT 2008

I guess I figured I'd be opening a can o' worms here ;) Sorry I flipped the
lid and disappeared - busy couple a days. Anyway, it's stuff like Ed's point
that I'm getting at. Driving efficiently is so much more peaceful, and
doesn't seem to take a substantial amount longer than speeding. I do envy
you Prius owners, but maybe by the time we have our finances in a condition
where we can make that purchase, there will be something even better and
cheaper out. Right now I daresay finding a used Prius is like a needle in a
haystack, too. Given that my PT is classified as an SUV (wha-?), but is
hauled by a Neon engine, I'm proud of my 31mpg in the city, and working on
improving that. The one thing I'm not so crazy about is that my windows-down
(at slow speeds only) driving is a barrage of obnoxious noise. Makes me
wanna move out to the country and be a hermit!

-Holly Quigley