Muffler hardware

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Thu Jul 10 05:48:08 MDT 2008

Oh, to be retired with a hardware store nearby!  I LOVE browsing.

Over the years, I became known as a frequent visitor to my local 'True Value' in Florida.  I had a good chuckle on one of my first visits there.  I was looking for some particular thingamagig to adapt for a player piano that I was rebuilding.  I was quite content exploring when a salesman came to assist me.
"What are you looking for," he asked.
"I need a thingamagig, approximately one quarter diameter," I replied.
"It would help if I knew what you needed it for," he said.
"It won't help to know."
"I think it would," he insisted.
"It's for replacing a missing whatchamacallit on a 1925 Baldwin Manualo upright player piano."
"You're right, doesn't matter," he answered.

After that they would ALWAYS ask what I was up to!

In the very small town where I now live, the hardware store is where you meet up with everyone you know.  Well, there...and the dump (which has a metal pile and a swap shop, yippeeeeeeeee!)

Debbie Legg