Nature of tuning pins, why technicians prefer blue

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Jul 9 19:15:16 MDT 2008

? HI JD
? I think what I said was it Looks like they were plated after they were cut because the threads do not look like the blued pins. Don't assume I am the final word on this. Just my observation
? Thanks Pal
? Dale

?
Dale says the plating is done after the turning. I haven't any nickeled pins to look at here but I am pretty sure that is not the case.?
?
As to the question of "reverse thread" or whatever, I can find no pins here, whether old or new, that behave in the way people are describing. I would suggest that pins that exhibit this behaviour are made on machines that need at least the cutters replacing.?
?
JD?
?