key bushing miracle stuff

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Mon Jul 7 20:45:26 MDT 2008

Hi,

Couldn't agree with you more, Mike.  My immediate thoughts were about future
gluing problems when the wood is (possibly) contaminated with silicone.  We
tried a similar quick fix using water and a bit of fabric softener, then
left the cauls in place for 24 hours.  Worked great for about 4 months, then
the bushings were right back to their worn, compressed state.

My thoughts, fix it correctly the first time.  No need for temporary
bandaids.

Best,
Debbie Legg
Rockport, MA