key bushing miracle stuff

Mike Morvan keymaestro at verizon.net
Mon Jul 7 17:45:32 MDT 2008

Tom,
    There is NO miracle stuff or silver bullets in this business. Lightly
steaming the bushings will give you the same temporary effect you achieved
with VS Profelt without the damaging properties of embalming the mortises
with irremovable silicone. If the bushings are worn they are worn, the cloth
is eroded. Cloth is very hygroscopic and will swell readily with liquids but
will assume their eroded shape quickly with some play. It is a very
inexpensive quick fix though. Just my two cents. Mike

Blackstone Valley piano
Michael A. Morvan
76 Sutton Street
Uxbridge, Ma 01569