Nature of tuning pins

Kendall Ross Bean kenbean at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 7 15:51:56 MDT 2008

David~

Thanks for your candid reply! Greatly appreciated! That's just what I
suspected, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one in the same boat! Yep,
I too, just "take 'em out of the box and pound em in." Would that all of
life were so simple. As long as it says "Genuine Yamaha Part"... (...ours is
not to ask why...)

But then one day I took a closer look and stopped to think... ...and as they
say, maybe forgot to start again...

Omigosh - Don't tell me Yamaha is still using those nickel pins! I thought
for sure they would have read Reblitz... ...where he says nickel/blued is
best... ;-).

Well, at least it's a far better situation than I understand we had some
years ago, when U.S. technicians couldn't even get new tuning pins... ...at
least we have a choice...

~Kendall Ross Bean

PianoFinders
 <http://www.pianofinders.com/>