Key frame Bedding

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Jul 7 15:22:45 MDT 2008

? Hi Garret
??Yes ?it would. Most Grands I know of, or at least most modern grands?are this type.???
?? Dale

That would make it a pinch type key frame like Steinway? Yes?

Kindest Regards,

Garret

?

Yes, putting a little stress on the keyframe. Actually it would be under a tensioning stress. I heard it first from R.Jolly & David Andersen. Whatever it works.
? Dale

Stressing the keyframe???

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044

Jon
? Nice idea. Easy visual.? My kind of tehnique. Jon You probably of experienced this alreay. Stressing the keyframe a bit more also improves the sound. I've heard it dramtically on many pianos. It has to do with coulping the keyframe more intensely to the bed.?
?
? Dale

Let's try something different, a piano related topic:?
?
An easy way to set the glide bolts is with a caliper.?
?
With the glide bolts off the keybed, measure a key?
height in front of the bolt. Reset the caliper to .015"?
to .020" higher and turn the bolt until the key touches?
the caliper. Plus .010" at the ends is sufficient.?
?
Apply slight upwards lift at the stack to see if the?
glide bolt still knocks and tweak as needed.?
This is an easy way to apply even pressure across.?
?
Longer keys would necessitate a wider gap?
measured with the caliper.?
-- ?
Regards,?
?
Jon Page?

The Famous, the infamous, the lame - in your browser. Get the TMZ Toolbar Now!

The Famous, the infamous, the lame - in your browser. Get the TMZ Toolbar Now!