string "noises"

Allen Wright akwright at btopenworld.com
Sat Jul 5 15:22:09 MDT 2008

I tried pitchlocks to no avail today. Also pulled the action towards
me a bit with no apparent change. Voicing helps only to the extent
that if any of these notes are louder in volume, naturally when
they're voiced down the partial shimmer is down as well - but still
noticeably different from other notes outside this area.

Several other new B's and (to a lesser extent) some D's I've checked
have the same sound in this area.

Thanks for all your suggestions; if I find anything that works, I'll
certainly pass it on.

Allen Wright