Becket breaker?

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Sat Jul 5 08:11:59 MDT 2008

 Diane asks:
<<

Have I been wasting all that time breaking beckets all these years?   Does
everybody else simply break the beckets at the same time as taking the pins out?

I found that most beckets will break like this, however, the 2 % that don't,
and end up scratching big wipes across the plate, make it easier on me to just
break them first.  On some delicate plates, that are not going to be
refinished, (like my 1885 S&S upright), I loosen the pins, remove the coils, spin out
the pins, and then cut all the wire up and remove it.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos
for fuel-efficient used cars.<BR>