numbering keys

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Jul 4 18:32:58 MDT 2008

> Hi David ,
>
> Here is a photo of the stamp and some stamped keys.
>
> Jack Houweling

Hi Jack, and anyone else following this thread,
I presume the concern with the looks of the key numbering is
for yourself, or some future tech which will see the piano and
maybe judge you a clod if it's not classy enough. For
yourself, yea, I can see that. For the future tech, I'd be
less (not noticeably) concerned, particularly if he ignored
everything else I'd done to judge me on the key numbering. The
customer is pretty much entirely out of the loop, since they
don't typically go inside pianos, and if they do, they're much
more concerned with the cobwebs, dust, and sundry artifacts
(pencils, cards, toy trucks, etc) than something like key
numbers. It's probably just my junk DNA manifesting again, but
the return doesn't seem to me to justify the concern - except
on a personal level.

Meanwhile, stamp on.
Ron N