[SPAM] new scam

Michael Kurta mkurta at roadrunner.com
Fri Jul 4 14:45:57 MDT 2008

    The same thing happened to me using Craig's List.  I advertised a player piano for sale, got an email from someone in the UK wanting the piano and willing to pay my price.  He would arrange shipping and send a cashier's check first.  Another email came in saying the check was on the way, but it got exchanged with another by mistake which was more than the price of the piano.  I should then send him the difference.  Fishy, Fishy.  After investigating, I found this scam (or variations) are common.  His cashier's check would have been no good, and I would be out the difference.
    This happened on Pianomart also, and in fact they have a long list of scammers to be aware of on their website.  Today someone tried to acess my Paypal account, but it was blocked.  As Yakov Smirnoff said, "What a country!"
    Mike Kurta