Customer Satisfaction

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Fri Jul 4 06:00:42 MDT 2008

Matthew:

If D-30 is the last plain string it must be a Baldwin SF-10 or it could
be a model R (I don't have those scales here in front of me).  In my
humble opinion it's a scale issue.  The wire changes on the long bridge
without any string length changes can and frequently do have big tonal
changes there.  The string tension is radically different between those
notes.  Some skilled voicing can sometimes partially mask the disparity
but nothing will make it go away without rescaling.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu <mailto:dporritt at smu.edu>