Customising a piano

A E eve_ane at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jul 3 11:43:47 MDT 2008

As I already said, im allergic to dust my house is spotless, and my piano gets cleaned every month, in  3 some odd years action has not got sluggish...

Alicia

To: pianotech at ptg.orgSubject: Re: Customising a pianoDate: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 13:40:43 -0400From: wimblees at aol.comAliciaUsing any kind of oil on action parts might make the action seem faster for a while. But oil attracts dust and humidity. You might find that in the near future the action will start to become sluggish. The dirt cannot be removed from the cloth, which means replacing all the action cloth. That will give you some good experience replacing bushings. PS. Does your e-mail program have a spell check? If you do, try using it. If it doesn't, as Garrett suggested. read through your message very carefully before sending it. And as a side note, dyslexia doesn't keep you from using capital letters. OR are you trying to write like e e cummings?
Willem (Wim) Blees, RPTPiano Tuner/TechnicianHonolulu, HI808-349-2943www.bleespiano.comAuthor of The Business of Piano Tuningavailable from Potter Presswww.pianotuning.com-----Original Message-----From: A E <eve_ane at hotmail.co.uk>To: Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>Sent: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 2:32 pmSubject: RE: Customising a piano

Yes actions pinns, as well as balance rail and front rail pins, i applied it with a small aplicator i got from Don Affleck's catalogue, it made very much a big diference in how action feels.As i said i put a set of hammers in that belongs in an imperial Bosey, after oiling it became lighter and more responcive, ill send u details with what oil i used if you like (give me a day or two to find the old bottle). I used a ummm......tampon (literally), i ripped the string out of the back and it made enough space inside of it, so i soaked it in some oil, and it made a perfect pocket for lubricating balance rail and front rail pins. i put out experiments to perhaps sometime in the future make my own donation to the piano industry with something no one has ether thought of or put into use... such experiments i didnt write about, but do include some of pianos structure... hope this helps Alicia > > I'm struggling with this. By "center pins" do you mean the ACTION center > pins? You REALLY lubricated them with oil? How much? How did you apply it? > What made you decide to do it? What exactly was the difference it made? And > the same questions for the front rail pins.> > Is it OK to carry out such experiments? On your own piano, yes. You could > try setting your own piano on fire as an experiment too, if you like. Who's > to complain? But it's not OK on a customer's piano, I think.> > Best,> > David.> > >

Play now! Get fish-slapping on Messenger =

The Famous, the infamous, the lame - in your browser. Get the TMZ Toolbar Now!