numbering keys

piano57 at comcast.net piano57 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 3 07:56:49 MDT 2008

Hi David,

Hmm, I just did a search on the internet for the steel number punches.  Do you use the punches that are numbered separately, or the punch that sort of looks like an ink punch, but isn't.  If you're using the separate punches, what size?  I'm not at home right now and I'd hate to ask the house-sitter to try to measure numbers on keys (if he could even find them....that is, keys or the numbers....).

Thanks.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
not so near Peoria, IL at the moment

snip
 Lately, for the ones that matter, I've been using steel number punches and then going over them with a fine-tip ink marker.  It takes some time and care, but I prefer the look to printed numbers.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY