Violin wood

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Wed Jul 2 15:47:56 MDT 2008

Hi Pierre,

There have been some experiments with adding linen "linings" to fiddles. As
far as wood replacement--why would such a thing be needful? I.E. where
would the wood disappear to?

Ahhh, I have it--it goes into the N dimension which is where Ron Nossman's
tunings migrated too and from our aural perceptions *grin*.

It is true that the neck and fingerboard have been replaced on almost all
the Strads and Del Gesu fiddles.

At 11:25 PM 7/2/2008 +0200, you wrote:
>        I’ ?   ?     Pierre Gevaert              :
>pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] De la part de
>Delwin D Fandrich
>  : mercredi 2 juillet 2008 20:56
>  : 'Pianotech  List'
>  : RE: Violin wood          have discovered the “secret” ""
>that Stradivarius soaked his woods in urine.     Being neither a violinist
>nor a violin maker I’m not qualified to pass judgment but several
>violin maker friends assure me that contemporary violin makers making
>violins superior to anything that either Guarneri or Stradivarius made. It
>would be sacrilege, of course, to say this publicly.       might be most
>vividly beheld through the ear of the mythmaker.     ddf           From:
>pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of
>Berley Antoine Firmin II
> Sent: July 02, 2008 5:15 AM
> To: Pianotech  List
> Subject: Violin wood       thought you all might find this interesting:
>         &feedName=scienceNews             Berley Firmin       LaCombe,
>Louisiana
>    No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG -
>http://www.avg.com  Version: 8.0.135 / Virus Database: 270.4.4/1531 -
>Release Date: 7/2/2008 7:02 PM
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7