Wives tales ... sax and violins

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 1 17:49:02 MDT 2008

--- A E <eve_ane at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> 2. dont persue things, becaus eim not the one being
> a d***
 > someone should kick u out of here...

> Alicia

I've subscribed to this list since the 90s, and I've
followed many heated discussions in the past.  But
through all of the furor, innuendos, insults, etc.,---

I have never seen anyone call someone else a "d***".

The thought may have been there, but decorum,
civility, or a general respect for others on this list
prevented them from putting it in print.

If I felt as self-important as you, I would proclaim
that it is you, my dear, that should be kicked off
this list.  But it's not for me to say.  I can kick no
one off this list, with or without sharp tongue.

All I can say is that I find your rhetoric
distasteful, but that, too, is in the tongue of the
beholder, so to speak.

I was surprised to find that I, myself had offended
others in the course of this discussion.  At this
point, though, I have to wonder whether referring to
someone as a "testy little thing" is in the same
category as calling them a "d***".

Tom Sivak
Chicago