Wives tales ... violin tuning

A E eve_ane at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 07:18:28 MDT 2008

Paul could u explain alil more please, i didnt understand too well?
Kinda curious to try :-D

Alicia

To: pianotech at ptg.orgSubject: Re: Wives tales ... violin tuningFrom: pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.eduDate: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:44:58 -0500With those "perfect pitch"people.  try this:  Take note 49- Tune it perfect in the middle string.  Next, take the left string; tune it to A-439.  Then take right string and tune to A 441.  I'll bet nobody can tell which is right. The good ones will pick one or the other, but I'll bet, even if you mix it up differently, nobody can tell which is A-440!  Try it........... Paul

"William R. Monroe" <pianotech at a440piano.net> Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
06/30/2008 02:29 PM

Please respond toPianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

"Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>

cc

Subject
Re: Wives tales ... violin tuning

All due respect Alicia, but while guessing within 1 or 2 cents would indeed be mighty impressive, it is still 1-2 cents off.  Not perfect pitch, just very (very) good note recognition.   William R. Monroe SNIP   ... a few years ago i had a friend (may he rest in peace) who could tell  u exactly how sharp of flat the note was, and get it withing 1-2 cents....  Alicia