37 steps

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Tue Jan 29 19:32:14 MST 2008

Re: 37 stepsI've been to the Little Red School House (1986).  They taught regulating in cycles.  Just listing these "steps" doesn't tell you the whole story.  Besides tightening the screws, I was taught <there> that the three things you need before you start to regulate in earnest is blow distance, some drop and and the repetition springs need enough strength to make the hammers rise when released slowly out of check.  Sometimes it takes a little work to get to that point!  LaRoy Edwards is soft spoken, but has a wonderful sense of humor.  The information he's shared (and I was willing to listen to) is largely why I've been a successful technician.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois