Silica Gel Dessicant in Pianos

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Sat Jan 26 21:09:05 MST 2008

There was a thread about this very recently (last couple of months... check
the archives.)  The upshot of it is that no, it doesn't do any good in a
piano that is not hermetically sealed. Besides, how would adding a substance
whose purpose is to absorb moisture help a piano stay in tune?

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN