Drydown prior to rib/panel gluing

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Jan 26 09:41:13 MST 2008

> The  tradition is to dry ribs and panel to the same EMC prior to glue up.
>  However, since the ribs expand minimally along the grain (length), does  it
> really matter?
>
> David Love

It might be  absolutely critical, don't know. I've never dried
the ribs. They've always  gone on at whatever the shop
atmosphere at the time supplied with nary an  indication of a problem
  Dittos. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.   No opinion as to better
whatever.
 they don't

Incidentally, even if they expanded more along the grain than
they  do, would it matter in an RC&S board. For that matter,
shouldn't the  ribs in CC assemblies be brought up to very high
MC levels before  assembly, to enhance the compression as
everything  equalibriates?
  Seems right
 Dale

Ron N