Soundboard drydown for installation

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Jan 26 01:43:31 MST 2008

Thanks Frank.

Isn't it curious it is how truly close minded  this particular piano
factory ends up being ? Break the mold here and ....what do you get ?...
well David puts it well enough below.  The degree of ridicule used to
enforce one particular perspective here is...  well... astounding.
Probably has as much to do with the format of the forum as much as
anything.  There is this alter - ego effect to internet lists .... lots
been written about it these past years.  In any case... its not my
problem.  I just put out what I do because its on my mind.  If its worth
something then it is... if it isn't, well its not for lack of trying.

Cheers
RicB

        ---- David Ilvedson <ilvey at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
         > "I'm out of my league with that speculation"...quoth the
        Brekne...

         > I know you have a lot of enthusiasm for your speculation, but
        I think you would have been quietly murdered ages ago if the
        List was a piano factory...;-]

    I have worked in several piano factories, and in none of these work
    environments was speculation considered to be a capitol offense.  On
    the contrary, it was/is encouraged and nurtured.  I know that
    contributors to this list are routinely criticized, if not
    lambasted, for using such words as "speculation" and "opinion." but
    such things are essential to developing a theory, and a theory is
    essential to testing, which will either prove or disprove what
    started as "speculation" or an "opinion."

    Frank Emerson