Soundboard contruction methods

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Jan 24 10:46:53 MST 2008

While we are on the subject matter...

I noticed a while back an article about the Ravenclaw (?) grand being
built on a Sauter produced rim and case.  The soundboard had I think 23
mm of crown in the middle somewhere... I must re-read a bit. But if
memory serves me right this was about all that was mentioned about the
soundboard construction.. maybe something about the dimensions of the
ribs was said... but just so...

Does anyone know what kind of crowning method he uses ?  Specifics of
MC he dries to... etc etc.  Might serve as a good case study for the
present discussion.

Cheers
RicB