Charge more to tune a Steinway?

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Jan 23 20:33:42 MST 2008

I have on occasion refused them.  If not, I have started to insist that they
install humidity control if I'm going to tune them.  Tuning them is bad
enough, pitch raises can be a nightmare.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com

I have been tempted to refuse to tune Steinway uprights.
I haven't ran into one, that I enjoyed tuning.
I told one person, whose piano gave me a real hard time, that their would be
a premium to tune it, the next time I came.
She didn't call me again, and I am actually glad.

John Ross