Soundboard installation, next topic : the glue

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Jan 23 15:58:35 MST 2008

Hi all... I just had a look in the archives and found the post I was
looking for about NY Steinway ribs.  I must correct my last post where I
thought I remembered John Patton saying they used crowned ribs... they
are flat in NY.

And since the word "curved"  seems to present some ambiguity for some...
when I visit Hamburg I will re-state the question in such a way so as to
not allow for any confusion on the matter at all. It didnt present any
problem for John I might add.  I asked if they were curved... he said
they were flat.

In any case... the scoop on NY Steinways is just below... direct from
John Patton.

Cheers
RicB

     > Hi Richard.
     >
     > ..........The ribs are flat  and pressed into a curved caul.
    However, the