Dead Bass Strings

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Tue Jan 22 09:46:34 MST 2008

CA or messier epoxy
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steven J. Hopp
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:53 AM
  Subject: Dead Bass Strings

  Hello again,

  I recently went to do a tuning on a Wurlitzer spinet.  Both copper wound bass string at the break were "thuddy".  No sustain to the sound.  The lower strings were fine.  I decided to try changing the string to see if it would be better.  No dice.  Upon removal of the string however, I found the bass bridge pins to be so loose I could remove them with my fingers.  What is the best repair for this?  The client just purchased this "used" piano from a dealer who is willing to trade back the piano and let them choose something else.   Thanks for the help!

  Steven