Cracked Piano Leg

Stephen Grattan lostchordclinic at ameritech.net
Mon Jan 21 06:13:59 MST 2008

Hi John,

You can take the leg off, send it to the factory where they will duplicate it.  Glue and clamp and it is done.  I have taken them off by tapping on the back (inside) side and breaking the glue joint.  With a sharp chisel you can also start the separation.  There are two 1/2" dowels that hold it on.  Clean up the remaining glue and any splinters so the mating surfaces will be tight.  I have done three and none involved more than an hour.

Steve Grattan
Lost Chord Clinic