Digital versus Acoustic Pianos

pbmosley mosley at classicnet.net
Sun Jan 20 06:30:48 MST 2008

I have gone past the keyboard vs. piano argument.  I don't see kids playing at a very high level, they are not accompanying in high school or churches anymore.  They are coming into college without having accompanied and are not acquiring those skills.  I was in a university with a board covered with accompanying jobs for high schools and churches, they are not teaching any students to accompany, and most new teachers now do not play well enough to accompany.  Bottom line is fewer people know how to use the keys, it is going to go away as a common input device for music.  Keyboards are there own demise, they are cheap and disposable, and they will be disposed with no real skills acquired.  Karaoke here we come, in most schools and churches we are already there.
What do people do with large machines they really don't know anything about?
Phil