Digital versus Acoustic Pianos

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Sat Jan 19 18:33:31 MST 2008

I haven't been following this thread, but this piano sounds great. I have no problem with electronic keyboards, (pianos). There are times when they serve the client better.

When I do get inquiries about any electronic instrument, the only thing I can tell say that might convince them not to buy one, is that I work on acoustic pianos that are over 100 years old, and can be repaired with parts that are still available. But that will not be the case with any electronic instrument. Once a component goes bad, it will be almost impossible to find a replacement, meaning the piano will no longer play, and becomes landfill.

Perhaps that has been mentioned already. if so, I apologize for repeating the remark.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of