Christopher O'Riley

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Wed Jan 16 23:22:50 MST 2008

Alan

Yes, Chris is a very talented accompanist, but he and the kids get?to the?venue?two days ahead of time and rehearse for about 8 hours over 2 days. (He probably also gets the music several days before that to look it over). They also record the last rehearsal, because many times the kids "choke up" on the live performance. What you hear on the radio is sometimes a spliced version of the live show and a rehearsal.

I like the skits. Some of them are a little too far out, but it shows the kids are versatile, and not just musicians who practice 10 hours a day. It also fills in the time. To?have nothing?but music for an hour would require more players, which means more money, etc.

Wim