Soundboard installation with hide glue

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jan 16 14:32:29 MST 2008

I think the "perfect fit" theory is a product of the (the soundboard is an)
"arched structure" theory. If the ribs on the soundboard function like an
engineering arch, then you might have some reasoning to go for that "perfect
fit". Although, even then, if your panel/rim glue joint is good, you still
wouldn't need a perfect fit. But the soundboard is not an engineering arch,
so the perfect fit won't do anything for you.

Terry Farrell