Soundboard installation with hide glue

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jan 16 13:19:20 MST 2008

> How long do I have to do the board fitting in the piano before it swells
> again ?  I suppose that any fitting done when the board changes
> dimensions again is of no value.  Or is this overkill ?

It's overkill. The soundboard has to be trimmed enough to go
into the piano, but there's no reason it needs to exactly fit
the rim at it's edge. I do a rough fit of the panel dried to
6%MC before I glue the ribs on, but am not too concerned what
it is, if it's somewhere near, when I install the board.

Ron N