What's the best way to strap an upright to a crane ?

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Wed Jan 16 11:00:26 MST 2008

I used the really fat (2"?) ratchet straps too which held the grand to the
board and the grand and board to the dolly. Under those straps lengthwise
along the piano is where I used the slings. By Slings I mean a continuous
loop strap. I then had both ends of the slings to put into the hook of the
hoist. I actually had 6 ends since I used 3 slings. Even with the really fat
ratchet straps you still have to get something into the hook of the hoist
you're using.

Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté
www.gregspianoforte.com