Cold call letter

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 14:27:04 MST 2008

Duaine

If these cold call letters are being sent to customer who you know own a piano, perhaps something along these lines will be of help. I'm sending these out to about 1200 people who bought a piano from a piano store I work for. The only problem is, about one third of these customers bought an electronic instrument, but the store owner didn't separate those from the acoustical pianos.

Dear Piano Owner:

Congratulations on your recently purchased piano. Since it was delivered, your piano should have been tuned at least once. But did you know that piano manufacturers recommend pianos be tuned twice a year? For more information about why and how often a piano should be serviced, please read the enclosed brochure.

Please allow me to introduce myself. Before coming to Hawaii in August, 2007, I spent 6 years as the head piano technician at the University of Alabama, and 24 years in St. Louis, MO, as a self-employed piano tuner/technician with a piano retail store and rebuilding shop.

My knowledge of pianos comes from being a second generation piano technician, and a Registered Piano Technician (RPT) member of the Piano Technicians Guild, (PTG). For the past 30 years I have attended over 55 seminars and technical institutes on subjects ranging from basic tuning and regulating to voicing and rebuilding. I have also taught at many of these seminars and institutes throughout the United States and Canada.

Please visit my web site, www.willemblees.com, where you will find more information about pianos, how and why they go out of tune, and the various services I am able to provide.

When you are ready to get your piano tuned, I would appreciate it very much if you would give me a call, and give me the opportunity to be your piano tuner.

I hope this helps.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI