bridge recapping tools

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 07:09:27 MST 2008

I must dive in to my first treble bridge recapping job.  I have only done a bass bridge thus far and it was only beveled, not notched.   Maybe the difficulty of this job can be taken down a few notches if I get the best tools and wonder what you would recommend.

I have looked at the Mazzaglia website and saw:
Bridge pin tri-punches
Massive chisels
Bearing saw
Bearing gauges
Bearing lines
Notch tool - for cutting and cleaning the sides of the notches
Bridge capping washers - is this for putting pressure on the joint while gluing on the new cap?

Do you recommend PianoTek's bridge capping material or who else.

I have read Bob Hohf's article on Bridge Recapping - not artilcle more like a book.  Is there another good writing on this ? - need something concise
I know I'm going to  have a lot of questions on this and will also look over the archives.

Thanks.

Bob Hull