Broadwood And Sons questions

alan forsyth alan at forsythalan.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 12:53:00 MST 2008

The description you give makes me suspect that this is a wooden framed
affair......no "plate". I have come across Broadwood wooden framed cottage
pianos and it appears, according to the Pierce Atlas, they were still being
made as late as 1900 along with their other non obsolete models. If it is a
wooden frame, you're in for a ride....be prepared to pitch raise 6 times
before it stabilizes.

Come to Britain Mr Bondi and you will soon ditch your muting strip because
there are still millions of overdampers here. That is why we were taught to
tune without the strip. No Papps wedge you say.....we use them all the time.

AF