Broadwood And Sons questions

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Wed Jan 9 12:48:25 MST 2008

Hi all.

I have come in contact with a woman who wants to
'fix' her Broadwood Cottage Piano. This is my
first look at a birdcage-type of configuration.

She wants it tuned and possibly replace the dampers.

What is the proper procedure for tuning these
types of pianos? Is there a agreeable reference
(A=430?) that I should be shooting for? As it
sits right now, the piano is around -600cents
from 440. I have the oblong tip so that's not an
issue. More than anything, if you have
experience with these types, please share your
expertise. I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Phil Bondi(Fl)