Appraisal values, was: Kawai KG-1C

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 8 12:03:23 MST 2008

I think that one absolutely must know what type of an appraisal value is
desired to assess an accurate value. There are a number of appraisal values
that one can come up with for any given instrument:

Wholesale value
Retail value in a private sale
Retail value for a dealer

All of these are values that we will be asked to determine, and they may
diverge quite a bit from one another.

For instance a clean functioning 1964 Baldwin Acrosonic spinet may have a
wholesale value of $100, a private sale retail value of maybe $600 and a
dealer retail value of $1200.

How you gonna appraise it without knowing the needs of the customer?

Terry Farrell