replacing key bushings

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Jan 7 23:21:29 MST 2008

You can but for a couple of bushings I would just use Titebond trim glue or
something similar and get it done quickly in the customer's home without
having to heat up a pot of glue.  Cold hide glue takes to long to dry.  I
don't think whoever does the bushing job on the next go around will come
looking for you for having used other than hide glue on a couple of
bushings.

I wouldn't take it home, it's a waste of time.  What would you do then,
charge for an hour round trip for a job that can be done on the spot in five
minutes?  Or not charge for the round trip and eat the time yourself?  It's
a lose-lose.  Just do it there.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com