hammers felt coming apart

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Mon Jan 7 17:54:34 MST 2008

I can't see how a rubber band can be strong enough.
Has anyone thought about trying heatshrink? It comes in different sizes, and
when heated shrinks with some force. This would hold the felt in place till
the glue dried. Then it could be cut off the front of the hammer.
It is just a thought. I haven't tried it.
I haven't even tried the clamp, that I bought from Pianotek, specifically
for the felt reglueing.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca