Vertical Hitch Pins, was [CAUT] duplex position

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Jan 5 17:03:02 MST 2008

Hi William

Hmmm... well I sure dont know.  Perhaps I am in error in the presumption
that Baldwing or any company would consider the issue.  Grin... I guess
I would just like to think a company like Baldwin would think so far
ahead. Gawd knows I've been naive in a host of other assumptions
throughout my life that go in similar directions.

Would be cool to know the truth of the matter when you first bring up
the point.

Cheers
RicB

    Ric,

    I honestly don't know and my point was simply that I wouldn't
    presume they
    did.  If one has definitive info one way or the other, fine.  I'm not
    invested in either scenario.  I just wouldn't be confident saying
    they did.
    Could be someone did very extensive testing and "designed" a plate for
    vertical hitches.  Could be someone just thought to try verticals
    and said
    to themselves, "self, it's cast iron, right?  It'll take that stress
    easily."  Who knows.

    William R. Monroe