Vertical Hitch Pins, was [CAUT] duplex position

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sat Jan 5 13:33:44 MST 2008

Ric,

I honestly don't know and my point was simply that I wouldn't presume they
did.  If one has definitive info one way or the other, fine.  I'm not
invested in either scenario.  I just wouldn't be confident saying they did.
Could be someone did very extensive testing and "designed" a plate for
vertical hitches.  Could be someone just thought to try verticals and said
to themselves, "self, it's cast iron, right?  It'll take that stress
easily."  Who knows.

William R. Monroe

SNIP