cleaning action stack

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Jan 4 07:46:38 MST 2008

Question:

Are bowling alley lanes slightly "crowned"?  Mine seems to be which makes
bench regulating impossible.  Maybe time to get a new hunk...Where does
one find such a thing.  This one here came with the shop...

Paul

"William R. Monroe" <pianotech at a440piano.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
01/04/2008 08:19 AM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

"Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: cleaning action stack

Well,  same here.  Except my Dad just delivered a couple of sections of
bowling alley to me at Christmastime.  The size is great for action work.
Plenty of room for the key frame, action stack behind, place for
tools/supplies as well, both on the side and still some room at the
front/back.  I've not had a chance to strip off the wax, etc. yet, but am
planning on refinishing these sections when I get one of those things,
what are they called, "roundtoits"?

William R. Monroe