tune an autoharp

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Thu Jan 3 04:25:48 MST 2008

David and Jean Weiss wrote:
> List,
>
> Could someone please tell me how to tune an autoharp?  A client of mine
> asked if I could tune hers while I am there to tune here piano.
>
> Thanks,
> David Weiss

The names of the notes are probably right by the strings/pins. If not,
the chord names will be on the bars, e.g. Cmaj, Bbmin, G7...
Tune the pianner guud, match an octave note for note and go out from
there. (trying to tune a temperament on it directly is chasing a moving
target) There probably also will be a "short" octave at the bottom (not
all notes, just some chord roots)

Beware of broken strings, strings which may not either be on the right
pin or wound the right way on the pin. DAMHIK!

Good luck with the beastie!

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076