Treasures in pianos

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Thu Feb 28 17:20:04 MST 2008

Speaking of communion wavers,?I got a call from a church to replace the bass strings on their grand piano. A full tray of communion wine cups was put on the piano lid, for the pianist to take one, and someone accidentally tipped over the tray, spilling all the cups of wine onto the bass strings,?into the action and on the dampers. The action survived, albeit with wine stains on the hammers, but the strings had become?dead and buzzing.?

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of