Pneumatic presses

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 08:22:45 MST 2008

I didn’t get any noticeable bend.  The beams I used are 2” x 3” and since my
shop is small and I can't have a designated area for them and have to move
them around for storage light was key.  I don’t use an upper caul, just a
lower one.  The upper doesn’t seem necessary.  I do keep the pieces that I
cut with the band saw from the ends of the ribs when I taper them and just
lay them over the thinner end sections before clamping to give an effective
uniform height of the rib all the way to the end.  I did have some leakage
problems on a couple of my valves.  Not sure what that was about.  They
weren’t terribly expensive (Ace Hardware specials) but I may look into a
more reliable gas valve.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com