turning down unwanted biz

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 27 08:15:08 MST 2008

I simply tell the customer I would feel dishonest taking money to try
to do anything to the piano as it is not retrievable for anything
near the cost of a new piano and what I could do would not add to its
market value.  They say something about needing it for a child taking
lessons (I'm also a teacher) and I say that this PSO is a
piano-lesson road-block, not a starter-piano--that they would be
wasting money twice over if I worked on it and then the child had to
practice on it while they pay for lessons.
It does take time for a statement like that to sink in, and they will
try offering money etc. but a lost cause is exactly that and when it
gets through they are more then grateful that you had the courage to
say it clearly without equivocation.

Andrew Anderson