Question about string dampening

LeAnn leann-guyton at t-online.de
Tue Feb 26 07:36:53 MST 2008

Hi, everyone!

I am the one who asked about tuning zithers recently...thank you for
the input on that!  We hope to have a sound sample up on our web site
soon with zither on it.  (At the moment, it's just wooden flute and
crystal singing bowls.)

My partner and I are designing a custom instrument, and we were
wondering if there would be a way to put a dampening mechanism into a
zither that would function like the dampening pedal on a piano.  How
does the piano one function, and do any of you have ideas on what
might be possible on a zither?

Thanks and best regards,

LeAnn
www.wavegarden.net