OT - Sensory Overload

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Sun Feb 24 06:39:42 MST 2008

But a current norm is not necessarily "normal", which was my point (however
badly made).

Technological and cultural change moves much more rapidly than human bodies
evolve, and our brains and nervous systems are still very much the same as
they were when we lived in "the wild".  Most humans adapt by shutting down
their overloaded systems (which, oddly enough, then drives them to seek more
stimulus).  Me, I move to the country.

Annie