George Steck Grand Manufactured by????

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 12:38:13 MST 2008

I was called to tune a 4, possibly 5 Year old George Steck grand, about a 5
footer, model GS-62, Serial GJ8143 and discovered a large crack just left
of center in the sounding board, 33" long and large enough to see through,
even with 32% humidity in the home. I looked it up on the PTG site and it's
listed as being licensed to Sejung(?) whoever that is.
My question is, is that who was building them 4 or 5 years ago. I know Young
Chang was at one point, for PianoDisc but this has the look of a Samick (the
legs and lyre bolt on with a 3/8" hex drive bolt). Anyone know for sure?
There is no follow up from the dealer they set up temporary shop in the
local mall for a few months every so often and they are one of those
"quality" dealers that actually remove the pianos from the boxes before they
sell them!!!!

Mike
--
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com